Constitution of Departmental Promotion Committee
Rule 28 B (1) of the KS & SSR
(1) Selection of candidates for appointment to selection categories or grades shall be made by Departmental Promotion Committees constituted for each Department from select list prepared from among the members eligible for appointment of such category or grades in accordance with these Rules and Special Rules. on the basis of merit and ability. Seniority being considered only when merit and ability
(2) A Departmental Promotion Committee shall consist of a member of the Public Service Commission and,
- (a) In the case of a Departmental Promotion Committee for selection to a post other than the lowest post in the State Service, the Appointing Authority or in case the Appointing Authority is the Government, a nominee of the Government, and the Head of the Department concerned:
- (b) In the case of a Departmental Promotion Committee for selection to the lowest post in the State Service, the Appointing Authority for the post and a
Nominee of the Government not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary who is in
charge of the administration of the Department concerned.
(3) The member of the Public Service Commission shall be the Chairman of the
Departmental Promotion Committee and the authority to initiate action and to function as Convener of the Committee shall be the appointing authority.
(4) On matters in respect of which there is difference of opinion, the views of the majority of the members of the Committee shall prevail. Provided that where the Member of the Public Service Commission requires that the Public Service Commission shall be consulted before final recommendation is made, such consultation shall be made.
(5)The recommendations made by the Departmental Promotion Committees shall be treated as recommendations having the approval of the Public Service Commission, and the convention regarding acceptance of the advice of the Commission shall apply to them.
Structure of Departmental Promotion Committee
GAD : PSC Chairman/Member, GAD Secretary (DPC Convener) and P&ARD Secretary or any other Secretary.
Finance : PSC Chairman/Member, GAD Secretary (DPC Convener), Finance Secretary.
LAW : PSC Chairman/Member, Law Secretary, GAD Secretary (DPC Convener)